G&G Executive Transportation, INC Drug and Alcohol Policy
This policy shows:
• our commitment to health and safety in this workplace, and reducing the risks to the health and safety of all workers, contractors and visitors
• our commitment to complying with the requirements of the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 and the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012, especially those for drugs and alcohol
• how we will deal with drugs and alcohol use and/or their effects in the workplace. This policy applies to everyone at (G&G Executive Transportation, Inc).
Drug and alcohol use can affect a person’s ability to work safely. It creates a risk to workers and work health and safety.
No Employee must drink alcohol or use drugs at this workplace, except:
for legitimate medical reasons: You must notify your supervisor if prescribed medication is likely to effect your behavior and therefore work health and safety. Your supervisor may assign you other duties while you’re taking the medication
at workplace-based social events: This is dealt with in more detail under Social events in this policy.
The manager/supervisor at this workplace must, if they have reasonable grounds for believing that you are incapable of safely performing your duties or may be a risk to others due to the effects of drugs or alcohol, arrange for you to be removed safely from the workplace.
Each person must ensure that they are not, by the consumption of drugs or alcohol, in such a condition as to endanger their own safety or that of others at this workplace.
This includes not coming to work if, after drinking or using drugs in your social time, your ability to work safely is still impaired. If you come to work, you must report to your supervisor, who may assign you other duties or arrange for you to be removed safely from the workplace.
Managing drugs and alcohol
G&G Executive Transportation, Inc will identify all workplace factors that may influence someone to turn to drugs or alcohol, and use the hazard management process to eliminate drug or alcohol use or control the risks from them.
G&G Executive Transportation, Inc will consult with workers, work health and safety representatives and/or the work health and safety committee on this issue.
If anyone is found to breach this policy, management will terminate employment immediately.
• Random / specific Drug and alcohol testing may be applied.
• Positive test result employees will Immediately be terminated.
• Employees who refuse testing will be in violation of company policy and will immediately be terminated.
Responsible social events can be held at this workplace (include likely events, such as Christmas parties). To ensure everyone remains safe:
• everyone is expected to act responsibly
• non-alcoholic drinks and food will be provided
• alternative public transport arrangements will be provided
Information and support
G&G executive transportation, Inc will provide regular training and information about the effects of drug and alcohol use on personal and work health and safety, and on the components of this policy.